QA1 REV™ SERIES CUSTOM CARBON FIBER DRIVESHAFTS
QA1's high-performance driveshafts are wound in-house with resin specifically designed to build strength and surface protection right into the tube. As a result, these one-piece bolt-on driveshafts are lighter and stronger than aluminum, steel and other carbon fiber driveshafts while providing dramatic safety benefits. Available in several length and slip yoke options to fit the most popular applications.
- Proudly wound in-house using 3M™ Matrix Resin in QA1's Lakeville, Minnesota facility
- Precision CNC machined forged yokes specially developed for QA1's 11-step bonding procedure
- U-joints are high-strength alloy to provide durability and high torque capacity
- Harmonic tested and precision balanced to ensure smooth, vibration-free operation
- Torsion tested and serialized
What makes QA1 driveshafts the best?
- A truly engineered system from transmission to rear end
- Extends transmission and differential life
- Quicker acceleration
- More power to the ground
- Balanced as an assembly without the use of welded or bonded weights, ensuring a precise and more reliable balance
- Lighter and stronger than steel, aluminum and other carbon fiber driveshafts
- Safer than steel and aluminum driveshafts
- Our driveshafts are sold in two configurations based around power rating and U joint sizes
- Driveshafts using 1310 U-Joints have a max power rating of 750 HP / 500 lb*ft
- Driveshafts using 1350 U-Joints have a max power rating of 2000 HP / 1500 lb*ft
- Custom driveshafts are 3.2” in diameter
- Driveshafts have a max length of 65”
These carbon fiber driveshafts are custom-made in QA1's Lakeville, Minnesota facility. Download and complete one of our custom order forms to specify your vehicle and engine data, desired U-joints, slip yoke option, and driveshaft length for your own unique vehicle. Just submit the completed form directly to QA1 or your local dealer.
- QA1 warrants that this composite driveshaft will be free from defects in material and workmanship for one year from date of sale to the original purchaser. QA1 assumes no responsibility or liability for the selection, installation or any use of the products. The end user and any person who installs this product and related components are solely responsible for determination of the suitability of the product and components selected. The end user installs and uses the products and components at their own risk and agrees to fully indemnify QA1 against any claims, damages or losses resulting from the selection, installation or use of the products or related components. For full warranty information please visit https://www.qa1.net/terms-and-conditions.
HOW TO ORDER YOUR DRIVESHAFT
Fill out the form below based on your vehicle's specs
If you have questions about specific measurements, please refer to the guides below
Email your completed form to sales@QA1.net or your dealer of choice
All driveshafts are shipped at a flat rate of $75
Custom REV Series Driveshaft Order Form - 1310 U-Joints
Custom REV Series Driveshaft Order Form - 1350 U-Joints
QA1's custom carbon fiber driveshafts start at $1,392.95
1350 U-Joints are an additional $273
Hardened slip yokes are available for an additional $100
Shafts can be SFI certified for an additional $35
All driveshafts are shipped at a flat rate of $75
100% non-refundable payment required on all custom driveshaft orders before production begins
STEP1: TELL US ABOUT YOUR VEHICLE
In the PDF form, enter the following information:
- Total vehicle weight
- Maximum engine RPM
STEP 2: SELECT YOUR U-JOINTS
Different U-joint sizes accommodate different applications and power. U-joints ultimately determine max torque ratings of the driveshafts. We use Spicer Life Series U-joints as a standard option. They provide durability and a high torque capacity. They are sealed for maximum strength and maintenance-free operation.
|U-Joint Series||Joint Type||Reference
|1350||Solid||1||1.188"||3.622"||1.188"||3.622"||2000 HP / 1500 lb*ft|
|1310||Solid||1||1.063"||3.219"||1.063"||3.219"||750 HP / 500 lb*ft|
|1310-1330||Conversion||1||1.063"||3.219"||1.063"||3.622"||750 HP / 500 lb*ft|
|1310-1350||Conversion||1||1.063"||3.219"||1.188"||3.622"||750 HP / 500 lb*ft|
|1310-3R||Conversion||2||1.063"||3.219"||1.125"||2.556"||750 HP / 500 lb*ft|
STEP 3: SELECT YOUR FRONT SLIP YOKE & REAR FLANGE
Choose the correct slip yoke for your application using the guide below. Once you've determined the right option, make a selection on your order form. If your application requires a rear flange, make a selection from the options below. If you don't need a rear flange, select "none" on the driveshaft form.
Slip Yoke Reference Guide
|QA1 Part #||Vehicle Make||Spline
|Spline Type||Material||Common Transmissions|
|FOR USE WITH 1350 U-JOINT SERIES|
|9080-121||GM||27||1.499"||5.5"||3.5"||Full||Forged Chromoly - Hardened||Powerglide (roller bearing)|
|9080-112||GM||27||1.503"||5.5"||3.8"||Full||Forged Chromoly||Powerglide, TH350, 700-R4, T200|
|9080-113||GM||27||1.503"||6.9"||4.9"||Counterbore||Forged Chromoly||4L60, 700R4, TH350|
|9080-120||GM||32||1.888"||5.5"||3.6"||Counterbore||Forged Chromoly - Hardened||TH400 (roller bearing)|
|9080-125||Ford||28||1.499"||6.5"||5.0"||Full||Forged Chromoly||C4, AOD, T5, T10|
|9080-117||Ford||31||1.685"||6.4"||4.5"||Full||Forged Chromoly||T56, FMX, C6|
FOR USE WITH 1310 U-JOINT SERIES
|9080-127||GM||27||1.503"||5.5"||3.5"||Full||Forged Steel||Powerglide, TH350|
|9080-110||Ford||31||1.684"||7.0"||4.6"||Full||Ductile Cast Iron||T56, FMX, C6|
How to Determine Spline Count
When counting the number of splines on the output shaft, please note that some transmission yokes have missing splines, like the drawing above for A. If counting the yoke, add the missing spline(s) to get the correct count. If counting the transmission output shaft, it will always have the correct count and no splines will be missing.
Flange Yoke Options
|QA1 Item Number||Fits U-Joint Series||Reference
|Number of Bolt Holes||Female Pilot Diameter
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter
|Hole Diameter||Length - Face to Centerline
STEP 4: ENTER YOUR DRIVESHAFT LENGTH
If you already know the length of the shaft you need, please ONLY enter measurement A or E. If you don't have an existing driveshaft and need to calculate the correct length, please ONLY complete measurements B and C. DO NOT PROVIDE ALL THREE MEASUREMENTS.
Known Driveshaft Length
If you know your required driveshaft length and do not need a rear flange, please ONLY enter the dimension "A" measured from center of transmission U joint to center of rear differential U joint yoke (Measurement A in the diagram below). If you need a driveshaft length calculated, skip this and move down to the Calculated Measurements portion.
If you know your required driveshaft length and need a rear flange, please ONLY enter the dimension "E" measured from center of transmission U joint to the back of the rear flange (Measurement E in the diagram below). If you need a driveshaft length calculated, skip this and move down to the Calculated Measurements portion.
If you need to calculate a proper driveshaft length, leave measurement A blank on your form. ***When taking measurements, make sure the vehicle is at ride height. All measurements must be within 1/16”. Start by measuring from transmission tail housing to center of rear differential yoke (measurement B in diagram below).
Next, measure how far the tail shaft extends out of the transmission tail housing (measurement C in diagram below). Be sure to measure from the tail housing, not the seal.
STEP 5: SFI CERTIFICATION
Some race tracks or sanctioning organizations require certain components to be SFI-certified for use on track. Check with your race track or sactioning body for specific requirements.
STEP 6: SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED FORM
Once you have the form filled out, submit it to QA1. You can email it to sales@QA1.net or send it to your local QA1 dealer. If you have questions, you can email us or call 952.985.5675 Monday through Friday from 9AM - 5PM CST.
Each carbon fiber driveshaft is custom-made in QA1's Lakeville, Minnesota facility. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.