Proma Star Coil-Over Struts | 1979-2014 Ford Mustang
QA1 Proma Star coilover struts, and Coilover Kits, are a versatile suspension upgrade for Mustang owners.
Available as individual struts for a quick high-value performance upgrade for Fox Body, SN95, and S197 Mustangs. Or available as a full coilover kit solution which offers the highest level of performance and adjustability thanks to custom-tailored spring rate and strut valving packages. Ideal for both street and race applications.
The lightweight inverted strut design, adjustable ride height and valving bring out the best possible performance, handling, and stance.
Inverted Strut Design
A major advantage of the Proma Star strut is its inverted cartridge design. Unlike conventional designs, its large diameter shaft resists side loading, ensuring smoother and more consistent performance during hard cornering and braking. The lightweight aluminum body offers reduced unsprung weight improving suspension responsiveness, leading to better handling and traction.
Ride Height Adjustability
When utilizing the Proma Star strut as a coilover kit, it offers 0" to 2" lower than stock ride height adjustment to dial in the perfect stance for your Mustang. Whether you're seeking a sleek street look or corner balancing for the track, it's an easy adjustment away.
Tuned Spring Rates
Whether setting up your car for street, drag racing, or handling intensive applications, each kit offers custom tailored spring rates to achieve the ultimate level of ride and performance.
Single Adjustable or Double Adjustable Valving Options
- Single-adjustable struts are a good option for street-driven cars that also see occasional track use. Rebound adjustment is made under the hood with an easily accessible 18 position knob at the top of the strut tower. A good choice for drivers wanting a comfortable ride on the street with the ability to firm up the suspension to hit the curves.
- Double-adjustable struts are the ultimate in performance suspension. Independent tuning of rebound and compression allows you to fine-tune the handling of your Mustang for any driving condition. Adjustments are made under the hood with an easily accessible 18 position knob at the top of the strut tower. This is the choice for drivers who want the absolute best possible handling and performance from their car.
Lightweight Caster Camber Plates
Aluminum caster camber plates are a great way to improve the handling and performance of your Mustang. Not only are they significantly lighter than their steel counterparts, their highly durable anodized finish resists corrosion. To add to that, they offer precision adjustment which allows for even sharper tuning of your suspension geometry and tire wear patterns.
Easy, Bolt-In Installation
Our commitment to thoughtful product design is evident in every fully bolt-in kit we produce, which guarantees a hassle-free installation process.
Made in the USA
QA1 Proma Star struts are proudly made in Lakeville, Minnesota.
- Coilover Kits contain Caster Camber Plates, Springs, and Mounting Hardware.
- Individual struts require the use of QA1 Caster Camber plates and and sold separately:
- 79-89 Mustang CC110
- 90-93 Mustang CC112
- 94-04 Mustang CC114
- 05-14 Mustang CC115
- Coil over conversion kits for individual struts are available as COK113
- 79-93 Fox Body applications work on wide and narrow spindles.