QA1 Launches New Line of ’65-’70 Impala / Full Size Suspension Kits
These suspension kits utilize high-quality parts engineered together as a system to take the guesswork out of choosing the right pieces to support specific performance goals. Customers can also purchase components separately from the kit allowing flexibility in how the vehicle gets updated.
The kits are available in six different configurations across three increasing performance levels for either drag racing or handling performance. Depending on the intended use, the kit will include:
- Single or Double Adjustable Coil-Over Shocks — Ride height adjustable coil-overs provide up to a 2 ½" drop in the front and a 4" drop in the rear, allowing you to dial in the perfect stance. Adjustable Proma Star shocks enable you to tune the ride to the ideal comfort and performance level.
- Tubular Upper and Lower Control Arms — Designed with up to 5° of caster and -1° of camber, these control arms improve straight line stability, with less wandering over traditional arms. Design improvements were made to integrate the OE strut rod into the control arm vs. bolting on separately as found with the OE design. The result is a much stronger and more aesthetically pleasing design.
- Trailing Arms — Unique adjustable upper trailing arm mounts provide significant tuning of the vehicle's anti-squat, resulting in better traction. Equipped with greaseable polyurethane bushings, the fixed lower arms are much stronger and stiffer than OE, while the adjustable upper arms provide perfect pinion angle adjustment. Available for both 3- and 4-link cars.
- Sway Bars — Specifically designed for the B-body chassis, these bolt-in sway bars reduce body roll to create better vehicle response and improved handling performance while cornering. Front sway bars are offered in 1-3/8" or 1-1/4" diameter and provide required stiffness while reducing weight. A 1" diameter rear bar provides the desired tuned balance with the other components.
- Panhard Rod — QA1’s full-length adjustable panhard bar reduces unwanted lateral axle movement during suspension movement. By eliminating this unwanted side-to-side movement, you can maximize your desired tire width in the rear.
"We designed these kits with the consumer's performance goals in mind," says QA1 Fitment Technician, Damien Brase. "Our customers get a proven solution with one part number depending on their intended use. They can have confidence knowing the configuration of components in each kit was developed and proven on the test track and drag strip."
"We have received many calls for a solution for the full size Impala chassis," says QA1 Director of Sales, Brett Littlefield. "QA1 is happy to respond by offering a solution to fit a wide range of customer needs. We're excited to say they are shipping now to our distributor network."
These new kits are sure to fill a void for street, strip, and track enthusiasts who have longed for a suspension solution for the Chevy full size platform. Using the highest quality parts designed and manufactured in the USA at its new state-of-the-art facility in Lakeville, Minnesota, QA1 has engineered easy-to-install components that make these heavy Chevys handle like a modern car.
Available to consumers now, fans of the 1965-'70 Chevy full size cars can visit www.QA1.net/65-70-Impala for more details and information.
Motivated by the idea that experiences are best made behind the wheel, QA1 manufactures high-performance suspension and drivelines designed for those who #goDRIVEit.
Founded in 1993, QA1 is an industry leader in performance shocks, suspension components, composite driveshafts, rod ends, spherical bearings, and related accessories for the motorsports and industrial markets. QA1 has more than 100,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space in Lakeville, Minnesota. The state-of-the-art facility includes a complete line of CNC machines, hydraulic presses, filament winding, and laser cutting equipment that permit all-inclusive shock absorber, suspension component, and composite driveshaft manufacturing and assembly operations. QA1's quality system is certified to the ISO 9001 standard.
For additional information and a free catalog, call 800.721.7761 or visit QA1's website at www.QA1.net.