QA1’s rebuildable twin tube shocks offer the performance, consistency and tunability racers demand. Formerly known as 70 series shocks, the 7Q series is a small body bearing mount shock. Racers can choose from 6” and 7” bodies depending on rules and applications. The twin tube design gives you a great feel for the track surface, making them a good fit for asphalt and dry slick dirt tracks.
Small details add up to provide great overall performance. The black zinc coating ensures a very consistent finish, creating a tight seal every time. Pistons are made of high-quality raw aluminum, minimizing variations that can be found in anodized parts. You can valve the shock with bleed shims or drill out bleeds to maximize tunability.
7Q shocks offer the same proven performance of QA1’s large-body shocks in a smaller package. The smaller outside diameter makes them great for lightweight classes or applications where packaging is an issue.
- Re-valve and rebuild the shocks in a matter of minutes using basic tools and available kits
- The gland features relief cuts and a hyper screw port, making shocks easy to fill and bleed
- An upgraded seal kit minimizes leaks—especially in high-rebound applications
- The compression tube uses a slip fit design to simplify rebuilds
- A laser-engraved, black-anodized closure nut to make serial numbers and valving easy to read at the track or in the shop.
You can use QA1’s steel small body shocks in coil-over configurations with the appropriate kits (sold separately).
- Type: Twin Tube
- Body Diameter: 1-5/8”
- Body Material: Steel
- Body Finish: Black zinc
- Threaded Body: No
- Mounting: Bearing
- Adjustable Valving: No
- Piston: Linear
- Base Valve: Yes
- Gas Charged: No
- Coilover Compatible: Yes
- Coilover Kits:
- CK7Q00 – 1-7/8” ID SPRING
- CK7Q01 – 2-1/2” ID SPRING
- Applications: Dwarf Cars, Mod Lites, Legends, Any low clearance application