QA1’s rebuildable twin tube shocks offer the performance, consistency and tunability racers demand.
Formerly known as 60 and 62 series shocks, the 6Q series is an aluminum large-body shock. The threaded body makes it very easy to use in coil-over configurations with QA1 kits (sold separately). Racers can choose from 6”, 7”, 8" and 9” bearing mount shocks depending on rules and applications. They are also available with rebound adjustability to easily dial in valving at the track.
Small details add up to provide great overall performance. The scalloped base loop increases clearances in tight areas like upper control arms and shock mounts. Pistons are made of high-quality raw aluminum to maximize consistency. You can valve the shock with bleed shims or drill out bleeds to maximize tunability.
- 6Q shocks can be re-valved and rebuilt by racers in a matter of minutes using basic tools
- The gland features relief cuts and a hyper screw port, making shocks easy to fill and bleed on assembly
- An upgraded seal kit minimizes leaks—especially in high-rebound applications
- The compression tube uses a slip fit design to simplify the rebuild process.
- Laser-engraved, black-anodized closure nuts make serial numbers and valving easy to read at the track or in the shop
Racers can rebuild and re-valve their own shocks using available kits (sold separately).
- Type: Twin Tube
- Body Diameter: 2”
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Body Finish: Black anodized
- Threaded Body: Yes
- Mounting: Bearing
- Adjustable Valving: Rebound adjustable option available (6Q*R)
- Piston: Linear or Linear Digressive
- Base Valve: Yes
- Gas Charged: No
- Coilover Compatible: Yes
- CK6Q00 – 2-1/2” ID SPRING
- CK6Q01 – 2-1/2” ID SPRING BILLET
- Applications: Late Models, Asphalt Modifieds, Sprint Cars