QA1’s rebuildable twin tube shocks offer the performance, consistency and tunability racers demand.
Formerly known as 51 and 53 series shocks, the 5Q series is a large body steel shock available in both bearing mount and stock mount configurations. Choose from 7” and 9” bearing mount bodies or various stock mounted lengths depending on rules and applications. Shocks are also available with rebound adjustable piston rods to adjust valving at the track.
Small details add up to provide great overall performance. The black zinc coating ensures a very consistent finish, creating a tight seal every time. The scalloped base loop increases clearances in tight areas like upper control arms and shock mounts. Pistons are made of high-quality raw aluminum, minimizing variations that can be found in anodized parts. You can valve the shock with bleed shims or drill out bleeds to maximize tunability.
- 5Q shocks can be re-valved and rebuilt by racers in a matter of minutes using basic tools
- Two-piece bodies make it simple to disassemble and reassemble shocks
- The gland features relief cuts and a hyper screw port, making shocks easy to fill and bleed on assembly.
- An upgraded seal kit minimizes leaks—especially in high-rebound applications
- The compression tube uses a slip fit design to simplify the rebuild process
- 5Q shocks utilize a laser-engraved, black-anodized closure nut to make serial numbers and valving easy to read at the track or in the shop
QA1’s steel body shocks can be used in coil-over configurations using the appropriate kits (sold separately). Racers can rebuild and re-valve their own shocks using available tuning and rebuild kits.
- Type: Twin Tube
- Body Diameter: 2-1/16”
- Body Material: Steel
- Body Finish: Black zinc
- Threaded Body: No
- Mounting: Bearing/Stock Mount
- Adjustable Valving: Rebound adjustable option available (5Q*R)
- Piston: Linear or Linear Digressive
- Base Valve: Yes
- Gas Charged: No
- Coil-Over Compatible: Yes
- CK5Q70 – 2-1/2" ID Spring, 7" shock
- CK5Q71 – 5" OD Spring, 7" Shock
- CK5Q90 – 2-1/2" ID Spring, 9" Shock
- CK5Q91 – 5” OD Spring, 9" Shock
- Applications: Street Stock, Hobby Stock, B-Mod/Sport Mod, Modified