Welder - 2nd Shift
Summary: Sets up and operates welding machines to weld metal parts according to work orders, blueprint layouts, and verbal instructions. Regulates flow of gases for proper mixture. Maintains tools, gauges, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates welding machines to weld metal parts according to work orders, blueprint layouts, and verbal instructions.
- Regulates flow of gases for proper mixture.
- Maintains tools, gauges, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
- MIG & TIG experience
- Complies with company policies and procedures while paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Uses inspection gauges such as verniers, scales, micrometers and pin gauges.
- Follows blueprints to meet product specifications and maintain tight tolerances.
- Reports production discrepancies to management.
- Performs inspection of completed product in accordance with company quality standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Weld Robot experinece
Required Specialized Training:
- One to two years of vocational training in welding preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
QA1 Precision Products Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their rate, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please submit resume via email to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time