Summary: Responsible for supporting engineers and manufacturing operations by developing manufacturing process flows, fixtures, work instructions, and production equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop manufacturing processes needed to produce products efficiently
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Provide technical support for plant layout, purchase of equipment, upgrade of equipment and feasibility studies
- Assist with the scheduling of machine upgrades and modifications
- Create and maintain work instructions and procedure documentation
- Provide support for estimation of set-up and run times for all manufacturing processes
- Provide technical assistance and training for certain operations and develop standard operating procedures for operators
- Lead and direct general machine improvement redesigns and installations
- Conduct direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establish standards on operations, set up and workstation layout
- Identify areas of unnecessary cost, research methods and procedures for cost reduction
- Design specialized equipment to automate manufacturing processes
- Design jigs and fixtures to support the manufacture new and existing products
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- BS degree in manufacturing, mechanical, industrial or process engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience (5+ years preferred) in manufacturing engineering in a process driven manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience with precision CNC machining, milling, and turning
- Proficient with SolidWorks or equivalent 3D CAD software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with pneumatic and hydraulic systems, machine controllers, temperature controllers and programmable logic controllers
- Experience with production of shock absorbers, automotive suspension systems, or similar products
- Experience with fabrication processes (welding, laser cutting, tube bending, press brake, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism including (formulas, scientific equations, and graphs) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, SolidWorks software, AutoCAD software, Polyworks software, Internet software, project management software, manufacturing software, and PLC Programming software.
- Familiarity with mills, lathes, press brakes, tube benders, and lasers
- Welding equipment including MIGS and TIGS
- Automotive mechanic equipment
- Inspection systems (CMM/FARO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; and vibration. Occasionally, the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
QA1 Precision Products Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their rate, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com