Human Resources Coordinator
QA1 is seeking a HR Coordinator to coordinate non-exempt recruitment and serves as the point of contact for staff and applicants while working collaboratively to ensure a positive inclusive experience and desired outcomes for all parties. Provide support to the organization in the areas of recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, retention, and record-keeping.
- Supports recruitment activities for non-exempt positions, including preparing offer letters.
- Post job openings using social media and job boards.
- Review resumes and phone screen candidates.
- Coordinate and set up interviews.
- Coordinate pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
- Actively supports HR Manager with on-boarding and orientation activities for exempt and non-exempt employees.
New Hire Experience/On-Boarding
- Assist In conducting orientation training to inform them of the history, policies, and culture. Supports new hires throughout the on-going welcome by providing regular touchpoints.
- In collaboration with the HR Manager and other departments, develop, implement, and evaluate a best-in-class on-boarding program. Incorporate feedback and learning from current staff, build in elements to set new team members up for success.
- Create, maintain, and communicate a checklist and timeline for the new hire orientation and on-boarding process.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to jobs@QA1.net.
- Maintain job descriptions.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Set up new hire files and timecards.
- Coordinate training for new hires with managers and key staff members.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events, such as, benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
Safety Program Administration
- Coordinate company safety program.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Promotes a culture of safety and exhibit such behaviors.
- Coordinate company wellness program.
- Supports the VP and Director of Operations with operational related projects.
- Supports operations by participating in special projects and providing back-up support to department staff.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED with 2 to 4 years related work experience.
- Recruiting experience.
- Must be able to handle the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills with high degree of thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- This role will have a high level of interaction with production managers and the HR Manager. The individual must have ability to build relationships and get up to speed quickly on needs of the operations team and offer solutions.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other applications.
- Customer focused.
- Adaptability, accountability, and strong orientation for results.
- Associates degree or five years’ experience in lieu of degree.
- Successful track record in Human Resources with progressive responsibilities.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Human resource management continuing education and certification a plus.
- Experience with Paychex Flex or another payroll system a plus.