Weekend CNC Operator
September 21, 2021
Operates and maintains CNC machines while ensuring quality parts are being manufactured to print specifications. Work schedule is three 12-hour shifts Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Inserts cutting tools or tool holders and position tools on turret.
- Verifies accuracy of machined work pieces against blueprints or engineering drawings by measuring cuts with inspection tooling and gages.
- Makes adjustments in the program and tooling as needed to achieve correct specification.
- Loads bar stock or tubing in feeder tube.
- Adds coolant to reservoirs of machines and lubricates machine parts and ways.
- Cleans around work areas.
- Removes burrs or excess metal from machined parts.
- Fills out production paperwork and inspection procedures.
- Maintains production completion logs.
- Reports any discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Performs regular daily maintenance on equipment, tools, and gages and keeps work area in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Use of measuring equipment.
- Ability to make tool offsets is a plus.