Summary: The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills in additional to comprehensive knowledge of design topics including Solid Modeling, GD&T, ANSI design standards, materials, and design for manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use SolidWorks to create CAD models, assemblies, and detail drawings
- Controls the engineering change request and notification process
- Works closely with design engineers and assists in new product development
- Creates and maintains part numbers, BOMs, and routings
- Organizes and ensures the integrity of engineering data
- Works hands-on with products and test vehicles
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Associate degree (AA/AS) in manufacturing, drafting or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Minimum 2500 hours experience with SolidWorks
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing BOMs and routings
- Familiarity with fabrication and machining processes (welding, laser cutting, tube bending, press brake, CNC mill and lathe, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties
- Ability to work in a team environment
- SolidWorks Certified Professional
- Hands on experience assembling and troubleshooting equipment
- Experience with production of shock absorbers, automotive suspension systems, or similar products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software, and order processing systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
Equal Employment Opportunity
QA1 Precision Products Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their rate, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com