C5 & C6 Corvette Coilovers
LEVEL UP YOUR C5 CORVETTE OR C6 CORVETTE SUSPENSION
Upgrade your leaf spring suspension to QA1 coil-overs to maximize handling performance, suspension tunability and ride height adjustability.
For the last few decades, GM’s top-tier sports car—the Corvette—has earned a reputation of handling very well right out of the box. It was purpose built to launch hard, hug corners and stop on a dime—all while being a grand touring machine that eats up freeway miles. But even good things can get better. Corvettes used a transverse leaf spring suspension all the way up through the C7 generation. Chevy finally moved away from this design in 2020, gracing the C8 platform with coil-overs from the factory.
But fear not. If you already have a C5 Corvette or C6 Corvette (or are looking to get one), you don’t have to trade the family farm for a C8 to benefit from coilovers. These generations of GM’s flagship offer a great platform thanks to their overall chassis and LS engines, so converting to coil-over suspension puts the cherry on top. There’s a reason many drivers who compete in road course and autocross events still choose to hit the track in C5 and C6 Corvettes.
Why upgrade a C5 or C6 Corvette to coilovers?
Increased ride height adjustment range
- C5 and C6 Corvettes offer ride height adjustment from the factory, but the range is limited to about 1” overall. You’ll be able to go up and down roughly half an inch from stock, depending on how the car is set up and what trim level you have.
- Coil-overs give you much more adjustability. For instance, our QA1 coilovers for C5 and C6 Corvettes let you drop a base model car up to 2” and a Z06 up to 1.5”. That extra range lowers your car’s center of gravity to improve handling on the track and during those backroad adventures. It also allows you to achieve the stance you want for a more aggressive look.
Gain a truly independent suspension
- C5 and C6 Corvettes do have four-wheel independent suspension. However, tying the left and right wheels together with a leaf spring makes this a semi-independent suspension. When one wheel hits a bump or the car is thrown hard into a corner, loads are transferred through the leaf spring from one side to the other.
- By converting to coilovers, your Corvette now has one spring per wheel. That means each corner can react without directly affecting the opposing wheel, making it less likely you’ll upset the chassis. This is especially important on track when you may hit rumble strips or curbs during cornering.
Know exactly what springs you have
- Without getting super technical, leaf springs are variable rate. That means they are not one constant spring rate. Instead, they get stiffer or softer depending on how much load they are under. If you’re just cruising down the road, this is no big deal. But if you’re looking to dial in the performance of your C5 or C6 Corvette, spring rate plays a critical role in the way your car behaves.
- Change spring rates quickly and easily. Plus, you always know exactly what the spring rate is. No more variable rates that change as you put the car through its paces.
More precisely balance your car
- If you’ve ever balanced a car, you know how drastically it affects performance. You can dial in exactly how the vehicle’s weight is distributed, improving everything from launches to cornering to drifting capabilities. However, C5 and C6 Corvettes pose a challenge in their stock configurations.
- Those same variable rates and the transverse layout of your stock leaf springs make it much more difficult to perfectly balance the car. It’s a tedious process, often offering less-than-ideal results using the ride height adjustment bolts.
- Coilovers can take a lot of the headaches out of this process. Using the spring collars, you’re able to much more easily and precisely adjust ride heights, shifting weight where you need it.
QA1 coil-overs are available with multiple spring rate options to help you find the perfect option for your C5 Corvette or C6 Corvette. The medium spring rate option offer great street-ability for cars that will mostly be used on the road. The firm spring option is geared toward track-oriented cars, further reducing body roll under hard cornering and providing a more planted feel.
Choose from Proma Star Double-Adjustable coil-overs to get the most out of your street car, or MOD Series shocks which provide maximum performance in any track setting.
Both options help you:
- Adjust your car’s ride height to improve handling, lower the center of gravity and for maximum performance
- Lower both base model cars (1” to 2” of drop) and Z06 models (.5” to 1.5” of drop).
- Improve the ability to corner balance your Corvette with a truly independent suspension
- Models with electronic ride control require Real Time Damping simulators.
- Rear coil-overs do not require a toe link relocation kit.
C5 & C6 CORVETTE PROMA STAR COIL-OVERS
UPGRADE YOUR PERFORMANCE FOR THE STREET
QA1's Proma Star double-adjustable C5 and C6 Corvette coil-overs offer the perfect balance of street-ability and performance if you plan to use your car on the road and occasionally take it to the track. Dial in your ride quality and handling characteristics with adjustable valving.
- Lower your car to improve performance while gaining a more aggressive stance
- Independently adjust rebound and compression valving to easily achieve your ideal ride quality
- Choose from multiple spring rates to tailor the car to your preferences and uses
- Lightweight coil-overs reduces overall vehicle weight by 9lbs when front and rear are used together
- Eligible for a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in the USA, serialized and dyno tested
C5 & C6 CORVETTE MOD SERIES COIL-OVERS
THE ULTIMATE WAY TO ATTACK THE TRACK
MOD Series Corvette coil-overs are perfect for pushing your car to the limit. Designed to meet the demands of top-tier autocross and road racing drivers who require aggressive force curves, MOD Series shocks are 4-way adjustable and utilize modular valve packs for maximum tunability.
- Designed to help you go faster, corner harder and adapt to changing track conditions
- Use QuickTune valve packs to change valving without removing the shocks from the car or exposing the oil to contamination
- Low-speed bleed adjustability further refines weight transfer and valving characteristics in any conditions
- Nitrogen-charged piggyback canister delivers optimal performance while fitting within the tight confines of the stock packaging
- Lightweight coil-over design reduces vehicle weight by 7lbs when front and rear kits are used together
- Made in the USA, serialized and dyno tested